CEO Job Description
PheroSyn, is a spin-out from the world’s leading agricultural research institute Rothamsted Research. PheroSyn provides high-value unavailable pheromone-based sustainable pest management solutions to the growing Agribusiness sector.
The company is expanding and is currently recruiting for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to drive forward the company’s vision for its forthcoming fundraising round.
PheroSyn is building to provide new sustainable pest management solutions into high value markets while creating new business opportunities for commercial growth.
The candidate will require the following skills and experience for the role:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors.
As CEO, you will be responsible for delivering the business strategy, defining milestones and the company’s vision to secure expansion through a new investment round, while defining the key market targets and geographies within the Agribusiness sector. The role involves a high level of responsibility, with pivotal decision making affecting the future of a company and its employees.
Within this role, the CEO will be expected to lead business development, product development, logistics and marketing. The CEO will also be expected to develop and approve strategies for the company as well as communicating these strategies to an internal and external audience.
Responsibilities, Duties and Requirements
- Leading the company’s strategy and defining the company’s objectives
- Working with founders and senior management to determine the direction the company and what funding is needed
- Raising new investment and expanding the team
- Overseeing the implementation of agreed strategies and plan
- Developing market and commercialization strategies as well as implementing routes to market
- Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, customers, investors and the public
- Building and maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments
- Taking any decisions and actions required to help the company cut expenses, increase revenue and manage cashflow
- Developing fresh ideas for the running of the company.
- Monitoring how various departments of the company operate and how they work together to achieve overall goals.
Expertise and Experience
- Extensive commercial or industrial experience in the Agritech or Agrichem sector
- Previous experience as CEO or in a senior managerial position with responsibility for major business decisions, operations and resources
- Track record in leading start-up companies, including fund raising, hiring, negotiating commercial agreements and generating revenues from early product sales
- Or experience in managing teams, new product delivery and launch, revenue growth, financial and budgetary matters (including profit and loss, COGS, product economics) in established companies
- Ability to extract market and business intelligence from conversations with suppliers, customers, investors, end users and any other stakeholders
- Understanding of IP strategy planning and management
- Strong industry and sector network – investor network would be a bonus
Job Type: Part time, 1 year contract
– For the first 12-months, part-time arrangement (1.5 days/week – indicative) with pro-rata competitive CEO salary and share incentives
– Extension beyond 12-months – terms to be agreed
If you would like to apply and be considered for this position, please send your CV and a short 2-page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.